Sharpen up your kitchen prep
New Kebony carving knife now available from TOG Knives
Bring out your inner Samurai with a super sleek, razor sharp TOG knife. The brainchild of British designer Bert Beagley-Brown, these breathtakingly sharp and innovative blades are forged in Seki City, the Samurai sword capital of Japan, and handmade using techniques inspired by ancient sword-making methods. FSC®-certified Kebony Clear wood, has provided a sleek, durable and sustainable handle for TOG’s newest product, the 26cm Sujihiki.
A Japanese version of a carving knife designed for slicing boneless meat and fish, the Sujihiki is now available to purchase for £190. Its thin blade has only a little flex and glides through foods with incredible ease, and the long, perfectly balanced, elegant blade makes you feel more like a Samurai than any other TOG knife. The perfect gift for your loved one, the Sujihiki is the finest choice for carving the Christmas turkey.
Based on traditional Japanese folded construction techniques, TOG knives are made with 21 layers of highest quality stainless steel and copper which gives them strength as well as incredible sharpness. The ten antimicrobial copper alloy layers give the blades their unique stripes and make them the most hygienic on the market. Additionally, Kebony’s environmentally friendly, patented process, which enhances the properties of sustainable softwood with a bio-based liquid, creates a modified wooden handle of a rich brown appearance and premium hardwood characteristics.
The Sujihiki carving knife has been described by British Chef of the Year, Adam Handling as “The best TOG Knife yet” and by Michelin-star chef Anthony Demetre as “Amazing”. Used by Michelin-star chefs including Great British Menu Judge, Phil Howard; “the most wanted chef in Britain”, Ollie Dabbous; Chef Patron at Arbutus and Wild Honey, Anthony Demetre; as well as Saturday Kitchen’s Matt Tebbutt.
- Roll-forged, 21-layer, ridiculously sharp blade
- Stays sharp due to Acuto 440 high carbon Japanese steel cutting edge hardened to HRC 58-60
- Antimicrobial copper layers give TOG blades their distinctive stripes
- Full tang, bolstered, 3-rivet handle for durability and balance
- Handle sculpted from Kebony wood to provide excellent grip and control
- Laser-etched handle and blade
TOG knives are:
- Hand made in small batches by artisan producers in Seki City
- Being recognised as the best knives available by many of the UK’s top chefs
- Ridiculously sharp!
- Ergonomic – Kebony handle shape gives great grip and control when slicing
- Durable - triple rivet, bolstered, full-tang construction makes handle long-lasting
- Eco –friendly - handles are made from Kebony a beautiful high-tech and eco-friendly alternative to tropical hardwood
- Hygienic – ten antimicrobial copper alloy layers (half the thickness of a human hair) make them the most hygienic blade on the market
Available from www.togknives.com